FAQ   Search   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Don't understand term in install instructions & FAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dreamweaver Downloads Forum Index -> PHP Form Captcha
formID

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Don't understand term in install instructions & FAQ Reply with quote
In your instructions for Form Captcha, I do not understand what you mean by "the web page that protects the form".
Is this the page that _contains_ the form or is it another page that processes the form's content once Submit is clicked?
I bought this because demo seemed to suggest that I need not be a PHP whiz. But if I can't understand your install terms, then I'm nowhere.

Crying or Very sad

Pulling myself together to post more info Wink
My site's hosted by att/yahoo and as I dig around in my page code, I see that my form action= a web address at the host site. Is that the page I need to enter in the "page to protect" field?

TIA
Karen
Support Team
Support Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you press the submit button on your form, the data is posted to some page that process the data (the page that appears in the form's action="..."), that is the page that you need to protect from automatic submissions.
formID

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

The page address includes a login, which I assume is so the host will accept the form data. I assume I include that whole string as the page to protect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dreamweaver Downloads Forum Index -> PHP Form Captcha All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

about